Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Growing Up

My height has always been 171cms. Few years ago when one of my friends met me after a gap of few years, he exclaimed that I had grown taller. I spent half a day measuring my height and the miracle didn't happen and I turned out be unmoved 171cms.

It's a bad number, if you ask me. I can't say I'm 5'8" and I don't want to say I'm 5'7". In other words, I neither wanted to have an inflated ego nor effacing.

Not that I have any issues with my height. In fact, when I was younger, a measurement chart that my parents came across predicted my adult height at 5'4". I have always taken pride in the fact that I exceeded my potential as an adult.

But every time when my height was measured at the hospitals, I was invariably 172 cms. Now I have a doubt whether I'm undercutting myself. So, I have decided to declare my height as 5'8" in any future communications.

No comments:

Post a Comment