Sunday, December 2, 2012

Unrequited Lust

On peak of my happiness
Counting my blessings
Life on cruise mode
No more fear of failures
and regrets of any kind
I was living my age

I saw those eyes after a decade or so

We talked about our gentle past
I gyrated around a place we went

We saw, travelled and ate, I joked
We went out together never on a date

You never asked me out
Pressing those eyes she said
Intemperate were your word and stare
My hopes were you would dare
To shake a leg with me in dim light
To watch a movie in a corner seat
In those days had but one wish
Two of us together in dark bliss
I wasn't at all prude and fine
Shamelessly gave hints in vain

I was a believer ready to burn
But waiting for a share of my sin

Oh! It's all so pointless looking again
Neither you nor I can ever begin
Nothing defined us and nothing limited
So natural that never would be
She stopped and stared blankly at me
Embarrassed and confused we parted

I had struggled but killed the man of mountains
Convinced that I was born to swim
She came and resurrected the mountains
And I realized that man was the same
I was living my age

Note: Partly inspired by this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment