Thursday, June 18, 2009

Conditional Honesty

I had to stop at the signal as it turned red. It's a big junction with vehicles coming from four sides. The signal stays red(or green) for a fairly large duration as it's a busy road. But it was night 9 o' clock. Few vehicles were on the road. I could see to my great discomfort people were getting restless. I hate to jump the signal. But I didn't want to block the road to other motorists. I would rather move with the flow. All I wanted was others to stay with me until the signal turns green.

But the free side of the road became empty. People on my side started moving slowly. I was getting depressed. Suddenly, to my relief, few vehicles came rushing from the free side of the road. People on my side stopped. After few moments the free side again became empty. People again started moving slowly. I was getting ready for disappointing eventuality. But it was a good day. Few more vehicles made their way from the free side. People again stopped. After few moments signal turned green. On that day I kept my integrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment