Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Oblivious Realization

I see those three people every day for the last 5 years. I see them while coming out of my office or while walking down the street. I don’t know whether I see some other people every day or whether some other people see me every day. I know these people because they speak Kannada as I have overheard them. So they have become unique among non-Kannadigas. They include one male and two females. Male must be in his seventies. I believe one of the females is his daughter. Probably in her forties or fifties. Other female may be her mother and his wife. I never thought about her age. Now, if I think about it I think she is also in her fifties.

When I say, I see them every day that need not be each day. The day I haven’t seen them most likely I’m oblivious to the fact that I haven’t seen them on that day. Nevertheless, whenever I see them I think, “Ah, I see them every day. Father, mother and daughter”. That is the relationship I have assigned to them.

But today is different. First time in five years, I seek them on the road and they are not there. I don’t know why the thought of looking for them has come to me in the first place. I wonder whether the thought has crossed before too but the realization of it not.

No comments:

Post a Comment