Monday, June 1, 2009

Patricide

[Don't remember whether pre-teen years or early teen years]
[Conversation in Kasaragod Malayalam in Kasaragod]
[My Relative] : ... < my father's name > ...
[My Father's Cousin] : Oh!....< my father's name > ... so handsome ...
[My Relative] : < I suppose good naturedly since I was standing just next to them facing her but behind my father's cousin > His son is also handsome.
[My Father's Cousin] : His son ... hmmmm ... you should have seen < my father's name > in his younger days. He was so handsome.
[My Relative] : < Visibly Embarrassed ... I suppose ... giving my father's cousin indication that I was standing there > His son is also very handsome.
[My Father's Cousin] : Yes, Yes .... His son is also handsome.

[I] : < Thinking in Mangaluru Kannada > Appa is not as handsome as Ajja ( my father's father ). No, not even close.

No comments:

Post a Comment